Not From Around Here? We Can Help.
Non-residents face a strict compliance burden that can result in the assessment of penalties and interest if not handled carefully. We work with non-residents of Canada on a variety of taxation issues, the most common being:
- The reporting of rental income
- Elections under section 216 to report rental income on net amount
- NR4 information returns & NR6 preparation and filing
- Obtaining Certificate of Compliance on disposition of taxable Canadian property
- GST/HST registration and GST/HST returns